Everyone shares their links on social media, but it can be a pain when your URL is very long as it makes the post less tidy. Specially, when you are sharing anything on Twitter, as they only allow for 140 characters. URL shorteners are a great way to share links without clogging up the post with long links and wasting valuable characters on Twitter.
[su_heading style=”modern-1-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]In this article you also learn:[/su_heading]
- What are the cons and pros of using URL shortneres?
- Why is it important that you use URL shorteners while promoting on Social networking sites?
Now at first take a look some Best and Top URL shorteners.
[su_heading style=”modern-2-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]Best url shortener to Short Url/link[/su_heading]
Bit.ly URL of the oldest and most popular URL shorteners which used by many people for a one custom URL. It is interesting and easy to use interface and tracking statistics like that you click on the links has been shot and Vanity URL that provides the ability to signify your brand. It has been a custom chrome extension as well.
TinyURL is an extension of the compressor browser, but the TinyURL extension is compatible with any browser. You can also use it for custom aliases if available, allowing you to have a voice in what the finished short URL link looks like. TinyURL has an interesting feature emerging preview that allows readers to view a preview of the original URL when you hover over the link.
Goo.gl is the official URL shortener by Google. Lets you track when shortened URLs created and the number of clicks they have received. A Chrome browser extension is also available for this.
This is an official URL shortener HootSuite, which can be used as a standalone shortener on the web, or while HootSuite panel control is used on the web or mobile.
fur.ly also has a unique method of shortening links. It allows you to input multiple links at once and shortens them into a single URL.
Su.pr is official URL shortener StumbleUpon. It allows you to distribute content to StumbleUpon, Facebook and Twitter at the same time.
3.ly is another great URL shortener. Another great feature of this site is that the short URL never expires. After the link has been converted to the short URL you can simply post the link to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, StumbleUpon and Delicious.
This is the other best URL shortener. Just enter the link which you want to be shortened, it will take some seconds and the link will display. After the link has been converted to the short URL you can simply post the link to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, StumbleUpon and Delicious.
[su_heading style=”flat-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]URL shortener’s Pros :[/su_heading]
- Your links will never die, from their data. They will save them and never go out of business, untill and unless your service does.
- While tweeting over Twitter’s, It’s 140-character limit problem is solved due to URL Shorteners.
- This will help you to make your Brand over Social Media.
- It helps to get the Stats for the Single click over the link.
- Shortened URLs are great for usability.
- It shorten ugly long URLs into something clean and customizable.
- fairly easy to implement as well as easy to build and find the any link.
- For Affiliate links this works well.
[su_heading style=”flat-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]URL shortener’s Cons :[/su_heading]
- While Shortening URL people think about twice because of viruses, spam, etc.
- Some of the users out there like to hover over a link and see where they’re going, when they are unable to find the link destination because it is a shortened URL, it may also result to lose few users.
- Page Speed? Could be an issue.
- You have to actually build/find/implement it.
- SEO can be a Biggest Drawback as it changes the URL from the Original Site to it’s own Company name.
Example : The Original link of this post is :
While the Shot URL (goo.gl) is :
[su_heading style=”modern-2-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]Conclusion[/su_heading]
That’s it guys, this is the list of best url shortener to short url. From net you will get more url shortener which led you too short link but above mentioned url shortener are the best.
Well, I guess Custom branded short URLs are a great feature for any business who wants to have a Social Media presence, and being able to create your own does up the brand visibility factor. And I would like to say that while the number of pros and cons are almost equal, the effect of the cons definitely outweighs those of the pros.
I hope this can be terribly useful for you. If you found this best url shortener article helpful for you then share your comments with us and share this article on social media along with your friends.