Hey friends, lets know about the process of checking the PNR status of IRCTC. This is the main thing to know, when we decide to go for a long journey through Train. In this post we will be seeing about what is PNR? And all the different ways to know the PNR status. Actually this number is very useful and important because, it helps you in two ways. To know the reservation conformation in the waiting list and also it helps if you lost the Train ticket.
[su_heading style=”modern-2-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]What is PNR ?[/su_heading]
It means” Passenger Name Reservation “. This is used to check your seat conformation in the waiting list of IRCTC’s booking system. It is the 10 digit unique number provided by the Indian Railways for every train ticket. So, this code is used to check IRCTC PNR status in the list of reservations in Railways. If you buy the ticket from Railway stations, then you can find this number on left top corner of the ticket. Where as for Electronic Slip, it is available at top middle of the slip. Actually this number is very useful and important because, it helps you in two ways. To know the reservation conformation in the waiting list and also it helps if you lost the Train ticket.
[su_heading style=”modern-2-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]How to Check PNR Status with Various Methods?[/su_heading]
You can check the status of PNR by almost 5 ways, which are through online, sms, mobile application, enquiry at Railway station and through direct phone call. In every method you can know all the details of your ticket. You can select any method from these, which one to go on the basis of availability and requirement.
- Online: This is the simplest form of all the methods to check IRCTC PNR status. To check through online just go to the link here.
Once you open the link you can see an empty box, enter the 10 digit PNR number and click on get status. That’s it, now you can know the status of your ticket in the Reservation list of Railways.
- SMS: To know with this process you need a mobile and below listed are the four numbers which are provided by Indian Railways for PNR enquiry. You need to send the 10 digit PNR number to the below listed numbers. It is also one of the simplest methods and it is very helpful when internet is not available.
[su_heading style=”modern-2-blue” size=”20″ align=”left” margin=”30″]How to send message to IRCTC PNR status enquiry numbers?[/su_heading]
Open an empty message in your mobile and send it as any of the following numbers listed below.
- PNR space IRCTC PNR NO to 139 or 5676747 or 54959 or 57886
- Phone call : A toll free number is provided by the Indian Railways which is 139. Once you dail that number, you which hear IVR instructions. Follow them accordingly to know check the status of IRCTC PNR number.
- Enquiry in Railway station: Just go to the nearby railway station, there you will be having PNR status checking machines. The interface of the machine will be very simple and you can check the status easily.
- through Mobile Application:
This method helps you to check through mobile application, all that you need is a Smartphone which any major operating system. This app is available for Android, IOS and Windows in their respective stores, which available completely for free.
[appbox googleplay id=com.irobotz.pnrstatus&hl=en]
[appbox appstore id484542799?mt=8]
[appbox windowsstore 9nblgggzn5fv]
So, that’s all friends, if any quires while checking the Status of IRCTC PNR number feel free to ask in below comments. Also share this post with your friends via Facebook or Google+ so that they can also take benefit from this post.