How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6: The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are probably the first Samsung flagships after the Galaxy S2 to release with a single processor type running on all its variants. Samsung Galaxy S6 is a new-age Android Smartphone released by Samsung Mobiles on March, 2015. The device comes with 5.1 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4, which is powered by a 2.1 GHz quad-core processor along with a 3 GB RAM and The 16 mega pixel camera comes with this device will rival any point and shoot digital camera. It runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. The Samsung Galaxy S6 is launched in many countries and if you bought this phone and want to explore its real power then you should root this Smartphone.
After rooting you can install root access apps which support rooted phone, you can remove bloat ware which kills your internal storage. You can also install various custom ROMs and many more. If you have purchased this Galaxy S6 Edge Android device and looking how to root Samsung Galaxy S6, then you are in the right place. Here I will show you a step by step and detailed guide how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone.
WARNING: try this procedure at your own risk because Rooting will certainly void your Samsung Galaxy device warranty. So if anything goes wrong then don’t blem us.
Prerequisites for Root Samsung Galaxy S6
- Check and confirm your device Model with this tutorial. To Check model number To to Settings–> About device–> Model number. If not, please don’t proceed with this procedure as it will result in a bricked device.
- Backup of personal data’s in your Smartphone. Take it either by using the Helium app or by using Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on Your Android device (5.0 Lollipop, Android 4.2.x. )
- Settings –> About Phone –> Build number –> Tap 7 times and become developer
- Settings –> Developer Options –> USB Debugging.
- Charge your galaxy S6 (90 %) for smooth and uninterrupted rooting process
- Download and install Samsnung Galaxy S6 USB drivers on your computer.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 and Install TWRP
- At first disable or deactivate antivirus programs in your computer as they tend of interrupt with the rooting procedure.
- Now Download Odin tool from here Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
- Download the TWRP recovery file (with .tar extension) for your Galaxy S6:
- Download the latest SuperSU flashable zip: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip
- Now transfer UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip file to your Samsung galaxy s6.
- Once done, switch off your Galaxy S6 device and boot into the download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons simultaneously. When you see the warning screen with exclamation sign, press the Volume up key. Here is the snap.
- Once you are in Download mode, connect your device to the computer using the Original USB data cable. If you have installed the Galaxy S6 USB drivers properly, then your device will get connected to the computer successfully.
- ID: COM port of Odin will be highlighted to show that your device has been detected by the tool.
- Now extract the Odin folder and Double-click Odin3-v3.10.6.exe to launch the program.
- Now in Odin, click on the AP button and select twrp-184.108.40.206-zerofxxx.img.tar file. Here is the snap
- In Odin click the Options tab and uncheck Auto Reboot option.
- Once done, click Start in Odin to begin the flashing process. It will take a minute or two to get completed and once it does, you will see a PASS message in Odin and your device will get rebooted.
- You have successfully install TWRP on your Samsung galaxy s6.
- Once you see the Home screen of your Smartphone, Now detach the USB cable from your Galaxy S6 and hold the Volume Down+Power buttons at the same time for about 7 seconds.
- Now As soon as the screen turns off or black, quickly press and hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously. Just as the you see the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo, release the Power key but keep the Volume Up+Home buttons pressed until you are greeted a blue screen with while Android logo followed by TWRP menu.
- I hope you already transfer UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip on your Samsung galaxy s6.
- Now Tap the Install button in TWRP, navigate to UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip and select it.
- When SuperSU is flashed, return to the main menu in TWRP and tap Reboot> System.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy s6 Android Smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your device, install and run the Root checker app from Google Play store.
If you have any doubt or queries related How to root Samsung Galaxy S6, and then let me know in your comments. I will try my best to solve all your problems related to this post.
This is the entire method for How to root Samsung Galaxy S6. This whole procedure takes five minutes to be completed. I hope this can be terribly useful for you. If you found this How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 tutorial helpful for you then share your comments with us and share this article on social media along with your friends.